Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The beginning

Over New Year's we went to visit my fabulous brother and sister-in-law down south and it turns out they have become quite the wine snobs. We cooked dinner one night using a 15$ bottle of red wine and they wouldn't let us finish the rest because it wasn't good enough to drink. We laughed at the notion as we tend to buy wine that is less than 15$/bottle. So we decided to start a blog to document our wine use over the next year. This might be the most boring blog ever as we don't drink a lot and don't know anything about wine...Here is the first bottle:

Barefoot
Pinot Grigio
California
88 points - Beverage Testing Institute
$4.99

The label says "Barefoot Pinot Grigio is a crisp and refreshing wine with bright aromas and flavors of citrus and fresh green apple. Hints of Jasmine complement a bright, delicate, flavorful finish. Barefoot Pinot Grigio is a perfect match with poultry, seafood, spicy pasta, and pizza. Refreshing!"

Reviewer One:
Pinot Grigio is one of my favorite types of wine. I have yet to have a bad pinot. It is easy to go down, light and goes with anything. This particular wine is similar to all the other 5$ pinots that I have had before nothing special but not bad. A guess it is really hard to review wine when you are as cheap a drunk as I am...it doesn't take much before everything is tasting okay.

Reviewer Two:
This tastes like I thought a 5$ bottle of wine would taste. It is a little harsh with not enough depth of flavor. It almost provides a warming sensation like a brandy or cheap liquor rather than the refreshing taste that I would expect from a pinot grigio. I say it maybe got 88 points out of 200.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am thinking we are bringing our own wine to the wedding!
-the wine snobs

Mr. Anti-Camry said...

I want to drink what Jenny brings to the wedding!

Somewhere Out There said...

Reviewers one and two would also like to drink the wine Jenny is bringing!