Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dinner at a friend's

Yesterday we had dinner at a friend's house and she made a pork tenderloin and rosemary polenta. It was delicious. Before the meal we had a meal of appetizer of brie and manchego cheeses along with crackers and some fig jam. We also sampled some of Cycles Gladiator 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon.

Cycles Gladiator
Cabernet Sauvignon
2005
California
Cost unknown

Reviewer #1: I almost spit this wine out as soon as a tasted it. It wasn't the worst wine I have ever tasted but it was extremely strong and oaky. I was glad that I hadn't poured a whole glass to suffer through.

Reviewer #2: I like a good robust red wine on occasion. But the Gladiator Cabernet Sauvignon was a bit too much. It was overly strong and overly oaky. It tasted like it had been aged in old oak whiskey barrels. And I mean that in a bad way. But I don't like Cabernet Sauvignon to begin with.

No comments: